20 Feb 2009

Receive Hotmail through Gmail?!

Evolution of the Hotmail brandImage via Wikipedia

Can you receive the email in Hotmail using Gmail? Yes, you can.

Microsoft Hotmail has announced that it supports POP3 partly. so I am going to give a try. Today, when I switched to Gmail(english version), I tried to add the PoP3 address of Hotmail.

Yeah, I succeeded. I received all the Hotmail emails at one time, which meaned that I need not login in Hotmail forever.

How to set up?

1. add a POP3 account in "settings-Accounts";

2.set username=hotmail username, set POP Server=pop3.live.com, and set port=995, at last, select all the three options below.

Now, you can enjoy the Hotmail email in Gmail.



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

6 comments:

  1. Good tips.
    BTW, I Couldn't find your entrecard drop box.

    Davida

    ReplyDelete
  2. same here. Been visiting a few times but still no EC box to drop. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Entrecard widget does not load. My third time here...

    ReplyDelete
  4. sometime load, sometime not. I think u should change your temp

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto! Appreciate your drops :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't drop EC because you don't have your Entrecard avatar posted. Sorry. :)

    ReplyDelete